- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
La Banana Review
Nestled in the heart of Tela's Garífuna community, this small beachfront eatery in Triunfo de la Cruz is known for its selective lunch menu of genuinely Caribbean dishes. Artisan tablecloths in bold tropical colors top simple tables, and amazing refreshing breezes pass through the tall roof of the bamboolike caña brava. Lunches such as sopa de caracol (conch soup), calamari, and freshly caught mackerel join the rotating menu of Garífuna seafood favorites. The restaurant arranges shuttles to and from hotels in Tela and has six rustic rooms in the back for overnights.
- Address: Triunfo de la Cruz, Tela
- Phone: 9994–9806; 9957–8605
- Website: www.caribbeancoralinns.com/La_Banana_Restaurant.html
- Location: Tela
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more