- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Cacao Lagoon Review
The ocean-side lagoon is 24 km (15 mi) east of La Ceiba on the highway to Trujillo. Dugout canoes glide through thick mangrove forests that are home to eight troops of monkeys and many tropical aquatic birds. Cacao and sugar plantations surround the lagoon in the adjacent village. The best way to experience the spot is with a guide from an area tour operator.
- Address: La Ceiba
- Location: La Ceiba
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more