- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Anclas on the Bay
Anclas on the Bay Review
Positioned on a dock above the water, this seafood joint provides a cool breeze and a festive atmosphere for lunch or early dinners. The casual restaurant has earned local praise for its ola de mariscos dish, with shrimp, conch, fish, rice, and wine-soaked veggies. Anclas is one of the few shops to serve buckets of oysters. The plantain tostones are marinated in white wine for two hours before being double-fried in olive oil. The eatery also has two-story seating on the beach, but the dock is far more relaxing. Ask here about yacht rentals for fishing and diving excursions.
- Address: Playa Cieneguita, Puerto Cortés
- Phone: 665–2311
- Location: Puerto Cortés
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more