- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Masapan is a small group of eateries on a downtown corner. The cafeteria has a long, campy, fun buffet that serves many Honduran favorites, including tamales, baleadas, and typical breakfast and lunch plates. It's a great way to sample a variety of local cuisine at one time. Whatever you choose, try a natural fruit juice drink to wash it down. On Saturday, the cafeteria holds a seafood festival; available fish dishes often include a very good sopa marinera (fish soup). Two doors down from the cafeteria there is a Masapan Chicken, with fried chicken and fries, and around the corner is the Masapan bakery, for cakes, breads, sandwiches, and more baleadas.
- Address: 1 block north of Parque Central, between Avs. la República and San Isidro, La Ceiba
- Phone: 443–3458
- Location: La Ceiba
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more