- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
Fortaleza de Santa Bárbara
Fortaleza de Santa Bárbara Review
The fine Fortaleza de Santa Bárbara, near the central square, will give you the flavor of those days of conflict with its Spanish canons and European goods. The lines marking U.S. mercenary William Walker's spot of execution in 1860 are still visible. An adjacent museum offers pamphlets and pre-Hispanic artifacts like stone carvings and beaded necklaces.
- Address: East of Parque Central, Trujillo
- Phone: 434–4535
- Cost: L57
- Hours: Daily 8:30–5.
- Location: Trujillo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more