Honduras' Caribbean Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Top Reasons To Go
Discover Garífuna Culture. The coastal villages of African descendants are full of cultural surprises. High-energy music and dancing ring out in the evenings, and tropical dishes of seafood, coconut, and cassava fill your table.
Rafting in the Jungle. La Ceiba's Cangrejal River is one of Central America's best for white-water rafting. Top-notch tour operators offer exhilarating rides between and over massive boulders, through low-hanging clouds, and past walls of endless green.
Explore the Wildlife. Botanical gardens, hot springs, mangroves, and tropical forests across the coast afford one-of-a-kind encounters with howler monkeys, crocodiles, thousands of bird species, and brilliant blossoms and fruit trees. Take a kayak tour or a hike, or glide through it all on a canopy line.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's