Honduras' Caribbean Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Top Reasons To Go
Discover Garífuna Culture.: The coastal villages of African descendants are full of cultural surprises. High-energy music and dancing ring out in the evenings, and tropical dishes of seafood, coconut, and cassava fill your table.
Rafting in the Jungle.: La Ceiba's Cangrejal River is one of Central America's best for white-water rafting. Top-notch tour operators offer exhilarating rides between and over massive boulders, through low-hanging clouds, and past walls of endless green.
Explore the Wildlife.: Botanical gardens, hot springs, mangroves, and tropical forests across the coast afford one-of-a-kind encounters with howler monkeys, crocodiles, thousands of bird species, and brilliant blossoms and fruit trees. Take a kayak tour or a hike, or glide through it all on a canopy line.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's