Honduras' Caribbean Coast Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Honduras & the Bay Islands
The northern coast of Honduras is a world away from the country's interior. Chaotic urban grids give way to mellow coastal towns. Steep green mountains slope sharply into verdant jungle canopies and salty turquoise waters. National parks and reserves ring vibrant beachfront promenades and port cities with sandy streets and brightly painted buildings. The residents are just as diverse, with cultures and languages that offer a unique panorama of Honduran history.
Tourism infrastructure in northern Honduras has been building up substantially since about 2005. Every city has its share of no-frills, family-run hospedajes...read more
Breakfast on the Caribbean coast is much like that of inland cities—rice, beans, tortilla, egg and cheese, or perhaps a baleada (similar to a quesadilla)...read more
Things To Do in Honduras' Caribbean Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Discover Garífuna Culture. The coastal villages of African descendants are full of cultural surprises. High-energy music and dancing ring out... Read more
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels... Read more
A new small ship company, Pearl Seas Cruises, has announced its 2015 Caribbean season, with itineraries... Read more
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity.... Read more
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe