Guatemala has an international departure tax of $30—check your air ticket carefully as it's sometimes included in the price—and a domestic departure tax of Q5. You also have to pay a Q20 airport security fee.
Most Guatemalan hotels and some tourist restaurants charge an additional 10% tourist tax. There is a 10% V.A.T. on most consumer products, but it is already included in the display price. There is no tax refund scheme for visitors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's