At a Glance
- attentive service, great pools
- center of town, difficult to find space on weekends
Hotel Martita Review
At first blush, you wouldn't choose a hotel near the center of a port town, but this hotel in the center of Puerto San José does things up big and draws a ton of weekend vacationers from Guatemala City. The place is thoroughly sparkling and modern, with air-conditioned comfort, a great pool, with one for the kids on the side, and a yummy restaurant. If you find yourself needing to stop in Puerto San José—we admit that's far from a likely possibility—this is a good bet.
- Address: Av. del Comercio, 05009
- Phone: 7881–1337; 2474–1383 in Guatemala City
- Location: Puerto San José
- 38 rooms, 13 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
ANOTHER GREAT ADVENTURE IN LATIN AMERICA! Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more