La Taberna del Pelícano
La Taberna del Pelícano Review
The thatch-roof place a couple of blocks east of Calle Principal with two resident pelicans on the premises—hence the name—is our favorite stand-alone restaurant in Monterrico. You'll appreciate when the server lights a mosquito coil under your wooden table, and you'll dine on a yummy selection of pastas and seafood, all to the accompaniment of soft music. Peruse the book-exchange shelf while you wait.
- Address: Beach road east of Monterrico, Monterrico, 06024
- Phone: 5584–2400
- Location: Monterrico
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. and Tues.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need ... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more