Atelie del Mar
At a Glance
- friendly owners
- art studio on site
- Wi-Fi (a rarity in Monterrico)
- hotel at end of dirt road, dark walk at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Atelie del Mar Review
A wonderfully friendly Finnish–Guatemalan couple operates this bright, cheery hotel on the beach road west of town. The Guatemalan half of the pair brings her artist's talents—ask for a tour of her on-premises studio—to the rooms, which are decorated in bright tropical colors, with one or two beds per room, two chairs, small armoire, and a stone-basin sink and shower in the bathroom. A small staff whips up great food and serves it out in the thatch-roof rancho next to the pool.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more