Getting Here and Around
Transportes Esmeralda operates service between Guatemala's main bus terminal in Zona 4 and Puerto San José every half-hour throughout the day. Travel time is about two hours.
The four-lane Highway CA–9 leads due south from Guatemala City via Escuintla and ends at the ocean. Take the "Puerto San José" exit at the large interchange on the coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's