"Ghastly" and "exhaust-ridden" are two of the terms travelers use to describe the region's largest city. If you're negotiating the Pacific lowlands by transportation, you'll likely pass through this hub as a transfer point. There's little to keep you here, save for one unusual attraction east of town.
Elsewhere in The Pacific Lowlands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's