- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A first-timer's visit to the highlands should include three or four days at Lake Atitlán, with a one-day visit to the market in Chichicastenango, which needs to be a Thursday or Sunday. Other destinations can add days or weeks onto that time. A visit here combines nicely with Antigua or Guatemala City (two or three hours from Lake Atitlán, respectively), or the Pacific lowlands (an hour from the lake or Quetzaltenango).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's