- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Chicken buses and pickup trucks leave throughout the day from Calle Principal and Calle Santander in Panajachel. Because of robbery—on occasion violent—along the road, there is no overland public transportation between Santiago Atitlán and San Pedro. You should not attempt the route either. For San Pedro and all lake towns to the east, overland public transportation goes counter-clockwise around the lake to avoid the dangerous section of road. Taxi boats leave from the docks in Panajachel and Santiago Atitlán.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's