One of the lake's most popular restaurants is affiliated with the hotel of the same name. Look for the A-frame, thatch-roof structure right by the dock as your taxi boat is pulling in. (Many diners arrive that way, although the virtual absence of lake transport at night makes Bambú a better lunch option, unless you're based in Santiago Atitlán.) Spanish cuisine dominates here, corvina and garlic chicken being particular favorites. Fruits, vegetables, and herbs are grown in the on-site hotel garden. A crackling fireplace keeps you warm on chilly evenings, of which there are many here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's