- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- friendly staff, terrific value, beautiful garden
- town is not as interesting as some other lake towns, rooms around parking lot are smaller
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Tolimán Review
Any lodging with its own heliport must cater to an affluent clientele, right? Yet rates are very reasonable here. Opt, if you can, for one of the 14 rooms across the street from the reception. They are scattered throughout a pleasant garden. With their stucco walls, big wooden doors, armoires, antique furniture, tile floors, and hammocks in the breezeways (and some rooms with fireplaces), they echo an old Guatemalan hacienda. Eight other rooms sit either above the reception area or near the parking lot. Beef is the specialty in the restaurant ($–$$), along with great lake views.
- Address: End of Calle Principal, San Lucas Tolimán, 07013
- Phone: 7722–0033
- Location: San Lucas Tolimán
- 21 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
Hi, I'm 30 years old and looking to spend a week in March, in the Caribbean or Central America on some retreat. Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need ... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more