- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Water sports are becoming more popular at Lago Atitlán, giving the lake a Club Med feel.
You can rent a canoe from Diversiones Acuaticas Balom. It's best to get out early and be back by noon, as the afternoon winds can be fierce. The company also offers tours of the lake. On the public beach near ferry terminals, Panajachel, 07010. 7762-2242.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Water Sports
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's