The Highlands Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Highlands Hotel Reviews
International hotel chains are nowhere to be found in this region, and aside from a couple of resort-type accommodations on Lake Atitlán, the highlands remain the province of smaller lodgings, most with fewer than 30 rooms each. That makes reservations a good idea any time of year, but especially on weekends. Air-conditioning is unheard of in this part of the country, but you won't miss it at these altitudes. The chill is a far more pressing concern, especially the farther west you travel, where the nighttime temperatures get colder. Many lodgings contain chimineas, or fireplaces, in their rooms. If not, don't be afraid to ask for an extra blanket.
Browse The Highlands Hotels
Browse The Highlands Hotels By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's