- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ferries make the 90-minute trip between Puerto Barrios and Livingston twice daily. Smaller lanchas that leave on an as-needed basis do the same run in about 30 minutes. Drivers belong to a Livingston-based cooperative called Asotransali. There is also boat service for the two-hour trip from Livingston to Río Dulce for approximately Q100. Requena's Charter Service travels the route between Punta Gorda, Belize, and Puerto Barrios and Livingston. Travel time is 90 minutes to Livingston, and another 90 minutes to Puerto Barrios. Tickets cost $18, payable in U.S. currency.
Asotransali. Municipal docks, Livingston, 18002. 7947-0870.
Requena's Charter Service. 501/722-2070 in Punta Gorda, Belize. www.belizenet.com/requena.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore