- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Few Guatemala first-timers venture to this part of the country, but you can do justice to the Atlantic lowlands' highlights in four or five days. A trip on Río Dulce (the river) and Lago Izabal with a chance to explore its endpoints, Río Dulce (the town) and Livingston, warrants a couple of days. Although many visitors do Copán as a one-day, cross-border jaunt, a two- or three-day visit is more relaxed. This region fits in nicely with a visit to Las Verapaces or El Petén. Either can be reached easily without heading back to Guatemala City.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's