Sights & Attractions in The Atlantic Lowlands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sights & Attractions The Atlantic Lowlands
Biotopo Chocón Machacas
The northern banks of the Golfete, an expansive body of water...
|Nature Preserves||Río Dulce|
Castillo de San Felipe de Lara
Once an important Mayan trade route, the Río Dulce later became...
|Military Sites||Río Dulce|
Perhaps the most beautiful of Guatemala's natural wonders, El...
Finca El Paraíso
Known for its steaming waterfall, think of Finca El Paraíso as...
|Hot Springs / Spas||El Estor|
A short launch from Fronteras takes you to an old rubber plantation...
Quiriguá, a Mayan city that dates from the Classic period, is...
Refugio de Vida Silvestre Bocas del Polochic
Declared a protected area in 1997, Refugio de Vida Silvestre...
|Nature Preserves||El Estor|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe