- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Litegua operates comfortable buses from Guatemala City to Puerto Barrios. Trips to the capital from Puerto Barrios also leave approximately hourly during the day, and slightly less frequently in the evening. Be sure to ask for the comfortable clase service on the company's double-decker buses, which run three times daily.
Gray Line Guatemala runs shuttles to Guatemala City and Antigua from Puerto Barrios. Transportes El Chato can set you up with transport and tours from here to nearby Belize.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore