- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Litegua operates comfortable buses from Guatemala City to Puerto Barrios. Trips to the capital from Puerto Barrios also leave approximately hourly during the day, and slightly less frequently in the evening. Be sure to ask for the comfortable clase service on the company's double-decker buses, which run three times daily.
Gray Line Guatemala runs shuttles to Guatemala City and Antigua from Puerto Barrios. Transportes El Chato can set you up with transport and tours from here to nearby Belize.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe