- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most visitors don't manage to get to Las Verapaces until they already have a couple of Guatemala trips under their belts. A rushed couple of days up here lets you take in Cobán's sights and the classic day trip to Lanquín and Semuc Champey. Add another day for a visit to the Biotopo Quetzal in Baja Verapaz. The Verapaces combine well with a visit to the Petén or the Atlantic lowlands. Either can be reached from here without backtracking to Guatemala City.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's