Getting Here and Around in Semuc Champey
Getting Here and Around
Semuc Champey is close to Lanquín, but it's along a gravel road, and depending on the time of year, you may need a four-wheel-drive vehicle. Every tour operator in Cobán offers all-day excursions to the park, and two companies in Cobán run collective vans. Transportes Martínez 5877–7305) has vans leaving Cobán every hour on the hour from 5 am to 5 pm, returning to Cobán every hour on the hour from 3 am to 3 pm; the fare for the 2-hour ride is Q20 each way. Astralan 7951–1662) leaves Cobán every hour on the hour from 5:30 am to 5 pm and returns to Cobán every hour on the hour from 5 am to 4:30 pm; the fare is Q25 to Lanquín and Q40 to Semuc Champey. As of this writing, a new bus terminal is being built on the edge of Cobán, and when it is completed all collective vans will leave from there.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's