Posada Montaña del Quetzal
At a Glance
- play area for kids
- orchid garden and private nature preserve
- some rooms with fireplaces
- basic accommodations
- lack of amenities and services
Check Rates from our Partners
Posada Montaña del Quetzal Review
We like the one- and two-bedroom cabins in this roadside lodging near the Biotopo del Quetzal. All are set back from the road and can accommodate four to eight people. Each has a much-appreciated fireplace with ample wood supply for those chilly nights, of which there are many up here, making them much cozier than the simply furnished, stucco-wall, brick-floor rooms in the main building closer to the highway. The Posada operates its own small nature reserve; it's ideal for short hikes and is full of orchids, including the region's famed monja blanca.
- Address: Km 156, Carretera a Cobán
- Phone: /5976–7680
- Location: Biotopo del Quetzal
- 26 rooms, 10 cabins
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's