At a Glance
- beautiful setting
- incredible views from the guest rooms
- private trail and waterfall
- no pool
- no Internet
- lobby could use some redecorating
Ram Tzul Review
Resembling little treehouse temples, the Ram Tzul's funky cabins have rustic log-stump floors and pitched pine and cedar ceilings—and terrific views of the surrounding private nature reserve. The octagonal stained-glass windows are a little incongruous, but the bamboo furniture and studied rusticity more than make up for them. The hotel has its own trail that leads to a magnificent 60-meter (197-foot) waterfall, which is worth the visit even if you're not a guest.
- Address: Km 158, Carretera a Cobán
- Phone: /2335–1805; /2335–1802
- Location: Biotopo del Quetzal
- 12 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.