Las Verapaces Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Las Verapaces Restaurant Reviews
The region's most notable dish is kaq'ik, or in Spanish, caldo de chunto, a turkey stew. You'll find it almost everywhere, although each establishment renders the Mayan spelling a bit differently: K might be C might be Q. Whether urban or rural, the region is mostly the realm of small, family-run restaurants that dish up plenty of hearty food, such as venison and homemade breads.
Browse Las Verapaces Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe