- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Rafting expeditions on the Río Cahabón, a challenging river near Lanquín, usually last from one to five days. The easiest sectors log in at Class III, but can go up to Class V.
Guatemala City–based Maya Expeditions arranges trips down the raging river. 15 Calle A 14–07, Zona 10, Guatemala City, 01010. 2363–4955. www.mayaexpeditions.com.
Local Cobán outfitter Aventuras Turísticas arranges single- or multi-day expeditions on the Cahabón. 3 Calle 2–385, Zona 3, Cobán, 16001. 7951–4213. www.aventurasturisticas.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe