- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Rafting expeditions on the Río Cahabón, a challenging river near Lanquín, usually last from one to five days. The easiest sectors log in at Class III, but can go up to Class V.
Guatemala City–based Maya Expeditions arranges trips down the raging river. 15 Calle A 14–07, Zona 10, Guatemala City, 01010. 2363–4955. www.mayaexpeditions.com.
Local Cobán outfitter Aventuras Turísticas arranges single- or multi-day expeditions on the Cahabón. 3 Calle 2–385, Zona 3, Cobán, 16001. 7951–4213. www.aventurasturisticas.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's