- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Cuevas de Rey Marco, near the village of San Juan Chamelco, are relatively untouched caves. Tours take you into the caves only a few hundred yards, but for experienced spelunkers the potential for further exploring is limitless, as the caverns stretch for many miles beneath the mountains of the Sierra Yalijux. Getting inside is difficult; expect to crawl through the entrance and cross a waist-high river.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's