- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Taxis can be found waiting at hotels and intersections or can be flagged down on the street. Most do not have meters, so negotiate a price before getting in. Within a single zone a ride should cost Q20 to Q25; between zones expect to pay Q30 to Q50. We recommend having your hotel or restaurant call a taxi for you at night—establishments are happy to do it—and that you use the services of a cab even if you're only going a short distance.
Amarillo Express. 2332-1515.
Las Américas. 2362-0583.
Verde Express. 2475-9595.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore