- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most international flights into Guatemala head to the newly renovated Aeropuerto Internacional La Aurora (GUA). International airlines serving the airport are American, Continental, Copa, Cubana, Delta, Iberia, Mexicana, Spirit Air, Taca, United, and US Airways.
Domestic airlines Inter Regional (a division of Taca) and TAG fly between the capital and Aeropuerto Internacional Mundo Maya outside the twin towns of Flores and Santa Elena in El Petén.
To and from the Airport
Less than a mile from the New City, Aeropuerto Internacional La Aurora is convenient if a bit too close. Make sure you negotiate a fare with the driver before getting into a taxi. A reasonable price from the airport to Zona 9 or 10 is about $10 (Q70 to Q80), but a driver could ask for as much as $30. Dollars are gladly accepted if you haven't had a chance to change money. Minivan shuttles to Antigua, less than one hour away, meet most flights, too. Upon leaving the country, you must pay a Q30 airport tax (also payable in dollars, with change returned in dollars).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's