- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Old City
Older and grittier than the New City, the Old City has the hustle and bustle of many Central American capitals. But walking around the area, especially around the Plaza Mayor, can be pleasant. The frenetic colors and sounds of the metropolis might be daunting at first, but with a little patience—and, of course, a well-hidden money pouch—the downtown experience can be both memorable and exhilarating. The Old City is also the best place in the capital to rub shoulders with everyday Guatemalans.
The Old City at a Glance
Elsewhere in Guatemala City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's