Mercado Central Review
A seemingly endless maze of underground passages is home to the Mercado Central, where handicrafts from the highlands are hawked from overstocked stalls. It's not as appealing as the open-air markets in Antigua or Chichicastenango, but the leather goods, wooden masks, and woolen blankets found here are often cheaper. There are skilled pickpockets in the market, so keep an eye on your belongings.
- Address: 8 Calle and 8 Av., Zona 1, Guatemala City, 01001
- Phone: /
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 8–6, closed Sun.
- Location: The Old City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to everyone who encouraged us to go to Belize and to give Lamanai a try. We're back from our trip and had a fantastic time. We lo... Read more
Hi, all - My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Real life is coming at us too fast to duck so... Read more
We fell in love with Playa del Carmen. Then we travelled to Huatulco and PV and loved it as well. We just loved Mexico, the people especial... Read more