- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Waiters in white jackets and ties move briskly around the pleasant covered courtyard that serves as the main dining room, once the home of Guatemala City's German Club. Founded in 1948, the restaurant is still serving classic Spanish and Basque dishes such as paella, calamares en su tinta (shrimp in their own ink), and for dessert wonderful torrejas (crusty bread soaked in whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk with a touch of anise). A branch in the New City maintains the old style and impeccable service of the original city-center restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more