- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- knowledgeable staff, pretty garden, quiet street
- some noise from courtyard, several blocks from the Plaza Mayor
Check Rates from our Partners
Posada Belén Review
This little jewel of an inn on a quiet side street is exceptional, thanks to the couple that runs it. Built in 1873, the family's former home has been renovated just enough to combine quirky Old World charm with basic comforts. Rooms have tile floors, handwoven bedspreads, and walls decorated with Guatemalan paintings and weavings. Turtles roam the tiny garden, and a small but impressive collection of Mayan artifacts graces the dining room, where meals are served family style. The owners are also a great source of information about the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need ... Read more
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more