Nightlife & the Arts in Guatemala City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Guatemala City Nightlife
The Guatemala City arts scene boasts three venues with extensive schedules of concerts, dance performances, and plays.
For those seeking a different kind of nocturnal adventure, the Zona Viva is the city's nightlife center, offering hosts of bars, clubs (sedate or lively), and discos. Expect lines at the most popular places. In the New City we recommend that you check out the Edificio Paseo Plaza, which offers half a dozen clubs in a single, relatively secure high-rise building.
Old City nightspots have more character, and many are conveniently clustered in two adjacent pedestrian walkways, the Pasaje Rubio and the Pasaje Aycinena. Like the Edificio Paseo Plaza in the New City, these two venues are the best bet for out-of-towners, for their convenience as well as relative safety.
Pick a place you want to visit, take a taxi there, and have your hotel or restaurant call one to take you back. Most clubs in both the Old and New cities are closed on Sunday and Monday nights, and the action often doesn't heat up until Thursday.
Browse Guatemala City Nightlife
Browse Guatemala City Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's