Guatemala City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Culture: Guatemala City boasts some impressive institutions, including the National Archaeology and Ethnology Museum, the Ixchel Museum of Indigenous Dress, and the Popol Vuh Museum.
Food and Drink: The capital has the country's highest concentration of fine restaurants, with an emphasis on international and fusion cuisine. There are also enough bars and clubs to keep the most ardent night owl busy for weeks.
R&R: After a week or two traveling in the provinces, there's no better place to check into a luxury hotel, kick back, and loll by the pool for a couple of days.
Shopping: If you're interested only in handicrafts, by all means head to Chichi; but if your tastes run toward fine art, antiques, and designer shops, Guate is the place to be.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's