- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Public phones are few and far between in Guatemala, but most towns have offices where you can place both national and international calls. The easiest way to place a call is from your hotel. Guatemala's country code is 502; there are no local area codes. Guatemala recently switched from a seven-digit to an eight-digit telephone system. All numbers in Guatemala City now have a prefix of 2, and all numbers outside Guatemala City have a prefix of 7. The exception is cell-phone numbers, which have a prefix of 5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe