- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Petén's only hospital is in San Benito, a suburb of Santa Elena. Medical facilities in El Petén are not as modern as in the rest of the country. If you're really sick, consider getting on the next plane to Guatemala City. Centro Médico Maya in Santa Elena has physicians on staff, though little or no English is spoken.
Contact Emergency Services
Police (502/7926–1365; 110 police emergency; 120 police emergency.)
Centro Médico Maya (4 Av., 2 Av y 4 Calle, Zona 1, Santa Elena. 502/7926–0180.)
Hospital Nacional (San Benito. 502/7926–1333.)
Farmacia Nueva (Av. Santa Ana, Flores. 502/7926–1387.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's