- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aeropuerto Internacional Santa Elena (FRS), or the Mundo Maya International Airport, often just referred to as the Flores airport, is less than ½ mi (1 km) outside town. Taxis and shuttles meet every plane and charge about 20 quetzales per person to take you into Flores. The airport has service to and from Belize City, Guatemala City, and Cancún.
TACA and TAG operate flights between Guatemala City and Santa Elena-Flores that take less than an hour and cost from around US$110 each way or US$190 round-trip.
TACA. 7926-1238; 2470-8222 in Guatemala City. www.taca.com.
TAG. 2360-3038. www.tag.com.gt.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore