- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aeropuerto Internacional Santa Elena (FRS), or the Mundo Maya International Airport, often just referred to as the Flores airport, is less than ½ mi (1 km) outside town. Taxis and shuttles meet every plane and charge about 20 quetzales per person to take you into Flores. The airport has service to and from Belize City, Guatemala City, and Cancún.
TACA and TAG operate flights between Guatemala City and Santa Elena-Flores that take less than an hour and cost from around US$110 each way or US$190 round-trip.
TACA (800/400–8222 in U.S.; 502/2470–8222 in Guatemala. www.taca.com.)
TAG (502/2380–9494 in Guatemala. www.tag.com.gt.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe