El Petén Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Petén Restaurant Reviews
In El Petén you have a couple of choices for dining: comedores, which are small eateries along the lines of a U.S. café or diner, with simple and inexpensive local food; and restaurants, that, in general, are a little nicer and serve a wider selection of food, often with an international or American flavor. Restaurants are mostly in Flores and other towns. Elsewhere you'll probably eat in hotel or lodge dining rooms.
Some restaurants serve wild game, or comida silvestre. Although often delicious, the game has usually been taken illegally. You might see venado (venison), coche del monte (mountain cow or peccary), and tepezcuintle (paca, a large rodent) on the menu.
Browse El Petén Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe