Zip-line Tours in Antigua
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The so-called "canopy tour," which zips you via a series of cables and secure harness from platform to platform in the forest canopy, is taking hold in Guatemala.
The folks at Antigua Canopy Tours give you the choice of their Forest Express tour, six zip lines and a rappel to wind things up, or the Canyon Express, two cables at an astounding 1,700 feet length each and 500 feet above the ground. Each excursion is $50, or $75 for both. If you're not feeling so adventurous, a hike through the Forest Trail ($15) keeps both your feet on the ground. Tours begin at 9 and 11 am and 2 pm, and include free round-trip transportation from in front of Antigua's cathedral. 500 m. north of church, San Felipe de Jesus, Antigua, 03002. 4010-6592.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe