- Learn the native tongue Antigua is one of the world's premier Spanish-study destinations. Just don't spend so much time hanging out with fellow English speakers that you forget to practice.
- Witness a procession Watch the faithful solemnly parade through Antigua's streets with incense and religious figures during Lent and Holy Week.
- Experience the "Old" Guatemala Antigua means "old" in the days gone by sense. Antigüeños have crafted an art of their relaxed pace of life. Join in.
- Live like a noble Every lodging here either dates from or is built to resemble one from colonial times. Play Spanish aristocrat … for a few days at least.
- Play historian The city is one of the hemisphere's great repositories of colonial architecture. For a sense of New World history, a visit to Antigua is a must.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More