- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Learn the native tongue: Antigua is one of the world's premier Spanish-study destinations. Just don't spend so much time hanging out with fellow English speakers that you forget to practice.
Witness a procession: Watch the faithful solemnly parade through Antigua's streets with incense and religious figures during Lent and Holy Week.
Experience the "Old" Guatemala: Antigua means "old" in the days gone by sense. Antigüeños have crafted an art of their relaxed pace of life. Join in.
Live like a noble: Every lodging here either dates from or is built to resemble one from colonial times. Play Spanish aristocrat … for a few days at least.
Play historian: The city is one of the hemisphere's great repositories of colonial architecture. For a sense of New World history, a visit to Antigua is a must.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe