- Dolphin-watching Bottlenose, tucuxi, and Atlantic spotted dolphins ply the southern Caribbean coast.
- Food and flavors Leave gallo pinto (rice and beans) behind in favor of mouthwatering rondón (meat or fish stew) or caribeño (Caribbean) rice and beans, stewed in coconut milk.
- Music Mix reggae and calypso with your salsa. Rhythms waft in from the far-off Caribbean islands; and homegrown musicians are making names for themselves, too.
- Sportfishing World-class tarpon and snook attract serious anglers to the shores off Tortuguero National Park.
- Turtles People from around the world flock to the northern Caribbean for the annual nesting of four species.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More