- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The major tourist draw is climbing Mt. Chirripó (the highest peak is 3,820 meters or about 12,530 feet high) in Chirripó National Park.
Costa Rica Trekking Adventures. Run by Selva Mar, Costa Rica Trekking Adventures can arrange everything you need to climb the mountain, including transportation, guide, porters to carry your gear, meals, snacks, and beverages. But you still have to make the tough climb yourself, about eight hours uphill to the park lodge, and five hours to come down. The two-night, three-day packages are $548 per person. The company also offers a four-day, three-night ($600 per person) hike that gives you the same vistas and challenges, without the complications of national park reservations. San Isidro. 2771–4582. www.chirripo.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe