- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Río Nuevo Lodge. The wildest horse trails in the area are at this remote lodge west of Puerto Jiménez. Rides along the river and up onto scenic forested ridges last from three to seven hours and include transportation there and back and snacks and drinks for $65 per person. Most hotels and tour agencies can reserve a spot for you, including Osa Tropical. 12 km (7 1/2 miles) west of Puerto Jiménez, Puerto Jiménez, 60702. 2735–5062.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe