- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Osa Aventura. This company specializes in multiday hiking adventures led by Mike Boston, an ebullient tropical biologist who sounds like Sean Connery and looks like Crocodile Dundee. Hikers stay in way-off-the-beaten-track rustic lodges or in basic cabins in Corcovado National Park. Boston also employs bilingual biologists to lead hikes and conduct scientific research projects in which visitors can sometimes participate. Puerto Jiménez. 2735–5758. www.osaaventura.com.
Tigre Sector. If you have a sturdy vehicle, it's just a 30-minute drive west to the village of Dos Brazos and the Tigre Sector of Corcovado Park. There is a park office along the way where you can check with rangers on trail conditions. Few hikers come to this pristine part of the park because it's difficult to access, which means you'll likely have it to yourself. Off main highway between Rincon and Puerto Jimenez, Puerto Jimenez.
Osa Wild. This company focuses on sustainable tourism, including horseback-riding treks, nighttime insect tours, and low-impact, low-cost biologist-guided tours into Corcovado National Park. Main street, north of Banco Nacional, Puerto Jiménez, 60702. 2735–5848. www.osawildtravel.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's