- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The road from Golfito is paved for the first 11 km (7 miles), but after the turnoff at El Rodeo the trip entails almost two hours of bone-shaking, rough road. A bridge has finally replaced the ancient cable ferry, making the trip a little shorter, but no less rough. Instead of driving, you can hire a boat at the municipal dock in Golfito for the 25-minute ride ($30-$40 for two) or take a $6 collectivo (communal) boat that leaves Golfito's Samoa del Sur Hotel at noon; returning from Zancudo, the boat leaves around 7:30 am Monday to Saturday. (In low season, the shuttle usually runs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only.) A taxi ride from Golfito to Zancudo costs about $90, so the boat is a bargain.
Cabinas Los Cocos. Cabinas Los Cocos has water-taxi service to Golfito and Puerto Jiménez ($20 per person; minimum three passssengers). Beach road, Playa Zancudo, 60704. 2776–0012.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's